5 months ago
– Thu, Aug 09, 2018 at 12:27:05 PM
I hope everyone is still enjoying their Beertop Deltas! While our newest top design may not open bottles, please take a look and spread the word about our latest Kickstarter project, the Pangea Designs Titanium Dreidel. A contemporary spin on the traditional toy. Titanium CNC construction, in both a basic model and a "DLX" which features a 1/2" Tungsten bearing tip.
Click the image to be taken to the live project page :)
Thank you all for all of your support over the years!
Newest Kickstarter Now Live: Delta Prime!
over 1 year ago
– Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 07:12:54 PM
This post is for backers only. Please visit Kickstarter.com and log in to read.
All rewards have shipped!
over 2 years ago
– Thu, Oct 06, 2016 at 10:08:04 PM
The last of our DLC Black coated Beertop Deltas shipped to the last of our Kickstarter backers! Which means all backers should be receiving their rewards ahead of schedule. The majority of you have hopefully even gotten them already! We've really enjoyed seeing some great photos of Beertop Deltas in the field, so please continue to share your photos with us @pangeadesigns on Instagram! To celebrate the completion of this project, we will soon be giving away a special splash-anodized Beertop Delta on our Instagram page, so be sure to follow so you don't miss out!
If you've not yet received your Beertop Delta, chances are it is still simply en-route. You may log into your Backerkit account to check its shipping status. International backers especially, may need to wait upwards of a month before it finally arrives at their destination. However, if by mid November you've still not received your reward, please contact us so we may investigate further.
A few missing responses...
We are still missing reward selection survey responses from a select few. For these backers, it remains impossible for us to ship to you, as we require a shipping address and your reward selections. We will continue to attempt to contact you for few more months, but come January 2017, we will consider this project closed.
Don't forget, the Beertop Delta, as well as other Pangea Designs products, are still available via the Backerkit pre-order platform. Especially you international folks, you may wish to take advantage now, as we typically do not offer international shipping on our Pangea Designs website.
Once again, thanks to all who helped make the Beertop Delta happen!
With the exception of DLC backers, all rewards have been shipped!
over 2 years ago
– Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 04:51:13 PM
A month ahead of our original schedule, we're pleased to be able to announce that all reward tiers have been shipped, other than those who pledge for DLC coated tops! We hope packages are arriving to you safely, and you are enjoying your new Beertop Deltas!
To address a few questions we've gotten via PM, which others of you may also have:
- Tungsten and Steel bearings look very similar in appearance, and both react to a magnet (steel moreso than tungsten). While their material properties are quite different, the easiest way to tell them apart is by weight. A tungsten equipped Beertop Delta will weigh 30 grams, while steel weighs in at 22. If you ever wish to replace your steel bearing with a tungsten one, please contact us.
- Oils from your fingers can cause anodized colors to appear a duller/earthier hue. This is not a permanent change, and the bright colors can be restored with a quick rinse with dish soap or windex, and then patted dry.
- International Shipping may take upwards of a month, depending on your country and the speed at which your customs agency processes shipments. Some may even require you to pick up the package in person. How your country processes imported packages is outside of our knowledge or control, and we advise you contact your local customs agency if you have questions regarding your package once it leaves the US.
- We love seeing your Beertop Deltas in action, and with your other EDC items! Please continue to share them with @pangeadesigns on Instagram :)
We received the batch of frames back from the DLC coating supplier, but were unhappy with the result. They were not as deep a black as we know is achievable with DLC, and most parts had some 'shadowing' in recessed areas that did not get an even coat. Unfortunately, this means they won't be shipping this week as we had hoped, as we are having them redone. Hopefully, delay will be minimal, and we will still be on track, if not even ahead of our original schedule.
Shipping begins 2 months early!
over 2 years ago
– Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 04:29:37 PM
If you've been following us on Instagram, you may have seen all the progress we've been making since our last update. We are scheduled to begin shipping this week! While they won't all be shipping at once, a good portion of Kickstarter orders are boxed and ready to go out the door. The majority of Beertop Deltas we have completed so far are of the natural stonewash finish, but we are making steady progress anodizing as well, with some ready to leave our shop as well. DLC Beertop Deltas are ready to be sent out for coating, we're just waiting our turn in the production queue. The DLC process is the step most out of our control, and therefore will be the hardest to estimate the completion time, though we're crossing our fingers to have these shipping before our original estimation as well.
As we mentioned, we try to keep these updates to a minimum, simply to reduce the 'clutter' here, as your inbox. We've found that the more frequently we send updates, the less likely people are to read them, causing them to miss important information. If you wish to stay more connected with us, please check out our Instagram page @pangeadesigns, where we frequently post teasers, behind the scenes, giveaways, and other EDC related eye-candy. And of course, please don't hesitate to send us a message if you have a question!
Here's a quick peek of how our Beertop Deltas are anodized. Titanium anodizing is applied with electric current, with no dye involved. The colors are entirely dependent on the voltage used. You can see this Beertop Delta cycle through the spectrum of colors as the voltage is increased, ending with green at around 105 volts.